These fast and straightforward Hen Taco Poblano Rice Bowls are excellent for dinner or to make forward for meal prep! Made in a skillet, with diced hen breast, poblano peppers, corn, pico de gallo and cheese.
Hen Taco Poblano Rice Bowls
This wholesome hen taco rice bowl recipe takes boring hen breast and makes it thrilling with taco spices and veggies. They’re servedover brown rice as a substitute of a tortillas. Nice for dinner or to make forward for meal prep. For extra Mexican-inspired bowl recipes, attempt my Chipotle Chicken Bowls, Spicy Pork Brussels Bowls, Shrimp Fajita Bowls, and Quinoa Huevos Rancheros Bowls.
These hen taco and rice bowls are prepared in below thirty minutes and are very family-friendly since they’re so customizable. Set out all of the toppings, and your loved ones members can skip any they don’t like. Plus, these bowls are nice for meal prep. You may prepare dinner the hen, veggies, and rice forward of time after which assemble the bowls and high with the pico de gallo, cheese, and bitter cream at time for dinner. You can even put all of the substances, together with the toppings, in a glass container and take it with you to work for a simple lunch.
Tips on how to Make Taco Seasoning from Scratch
I season the hen with my do-it-yourself taco seasoning mix. In fact, you might purchase it, however it’s tremendous easy to make do-it-yourself taco seasoning with spices you most likely have already got. And making it your self is much less processed, and you’ll management the quantity of sodium. All it’s a must to do is combine all of the spices beneath in a small bowl:
- garlic powder
- kosher salt
- chili powder
- candy paprika
- dried oregano
Tips on how to Make Pico de Gallo from Scratch
Pico de gallo is a recent tomato salsa that’s excellent on high of tacos, chips, and a lot extra. To make pico de gallo from scratch, mix chopped tomatoes, onion, and cilantro and season with lime juice and salt. You can even add some chopped jalapeno in case you want it spicy.
Hen Taco Bowl Suggestions and Variations:
- Sub the hen for boneless hen breast, steak or floor meat.
- Swap the poblano pepper for bell pepper or jalapeño to make it spicy.
- Add black beans for extra protein and fiber.
- Prime your bowl with sliced avocado or guacamole.
- Add some sizzling sauce or recent jalapenos for some further spice.
- Change out the brown rice for cauliflower rice for a low-carb bowl.
- Use my Cilantro Lime Rice or my cauliflower rice version as the bottom as a substitute of brown rice.
To Meal Prep: Divide hen and rice into 4 meal-prep containers. Pack the pico de gallo and toppings in a separate container. Hold lined and refrigerate as much as 4 days. To reheat, microwave in 30-second intervals till heated by means of.
Extra Hen Taco Recipes You’ll Love:
Hen Taco Poblano Rice Bowls
These fast and straightforward Hen Taco Poblano Rice Bowls are excellent for dinner or to make forward for meal prep!
- 1 1/4 kilos natural boneless skinless hen breasts, reduce half inch cubes, from Three small
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium purple onion, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced plus extra for garnish
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 roma tomato, cored and diced
- 1 lime, halved
- taco seasoning, see beneath
- kosher salt
- 1 cup frozen or recent corn kernels
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, heated (use cauliflower rice for low-carb)
- 1/4 cup cheddar-jack cheese
- 1/4 cup 2% bitter cream or Greek yogurt, elective
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- half teaspoon chili powder
- half teaspoon paprika
- half teaspoon oregano
Cube the hen into small items. Mix taco seasoning in a small bowl and put aside.
To make the pico de gallo, set Three tablespoons of the diced onion apart and place it in a bowl with tomato, cilantro, 2 teaspoons lime juice, 1/Four teaspoon salt. Put aside.
Add oil to a big skillet over medium-high warmth. When sizzling, add the hen and prepare dinner till it begins to brown, 2 to three minutes.
Add the remaining onion, poblano pepper and taco seasoning to the skillet and prepare dinner till it softens, 2 to three minutes. Add half cup water and corn. Cook dinner 1 to 2 minutes then take away from warmth.
Divide rice in Four bowls, high with hen, cheese, pico de gallo and elective bitter cream.
Serving: 1bowl, Energy: 475kcal, Carbohydrates: 52g, Protein: 40.5g, Fats: 12g, Saturated Fats: 4g, Ldl cholesterol: 116mg, Sodium: 407.5mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 3.5g
Blue Sensible Factors: 8
Inexperienced Sensible Factors: 11
Purple Sensible Factors: 3
Key phrases: hen bowls, hen breast recipes, skillet hen